What personal information do we collect?
Information you provide to us
You may provide the following information to us in our stores and online:
- Personal and contact information, such as name, date of birth, email address, mobile/landline telephone number, home address, age, and gender
- Our Business card number
- Employment and company contact information or our Business accounts
- Payment information, such as credit card information and billing address
- Purchasing activity, product preferences, reasons for purchasing a product, family and lifestyle
- Information you post: If you comment or otherwise provide information in a public space on one of our websites, we collect a record of it and any personal information included in the comment. For example, this may include posting a review of a product
- Information you provide through social media
- Other information you give us when you contact our customer services team, when you engage with our social media platform (for example by tagging us in a post on Instagram), when you sign up for membership, or when you otherwise interact with us.
When do we collect your personal information?
You share personal information with us in various ways. For example, we receive personal information when you:
- Purchase products and services from us in store, online, or over the phone
- Make a return or exchange
- Use our in-store WiFi services or have your WiFi switched on in-store
- Create an online account
- Participate in surveys, competitions, promotions or certain discounts/coupons
- Contact our customer services team in store, online or over the phone
- Provide us your contact information so we can respond to your questions or concerns submitted through the in-store “Help Us to Improve” function
- Submit an application for employment
- Interact with us on social media (by mentioning/tagging us or by contacting us directly)
- Interact with our websites, such as when you visit our websites on a device, enable location-based features, or click on sponsored links or third-party advertisements on our websites or on other websites and online services
- Interact with emails we send you
- Fill out a product registration form
- Request a catalog or subscribe to our email list
- Visit stores: IKEA uses cameras in and around its stores for security and operational purposes. We may also retain an image of your likeness if you provide your picture to us
- Apply for a credit application
- Sign up for mobile notifications regarding updates at your local IKEA store
At this time, we do not track our users’ personal information over time and across third-party websites. We therefore do not respond to browser Do Not Track signals.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information for business purposes: to make our products and services available to you; to personalize your shopping experience; to improve our operations; and for security and legal reasons.
Some examples of how we use your personal information include:
- Processing and fulfilling orders online or in-stores, including by facilitating the delivery of product orders
- Communicating with you regarding purchases
- Responding to your questions and comments
- Measuring your customer satisfaction
- Providing you with marketing material via text or SMS messages, mail and email (with your consent where required by law)
- Analyzing shopping trends through account activity and purchase history to provide you a personalized browsing experience
- Sending IKEA members special promotions based on store spend or customer birthday
- Sending IKEA for Business members special promotions and offers
- Allowing you to create a profile on our websites which enables you to purchase IKEA products and services online without having to fill in your personal information every time you shop online with us
- Ensuring that our websites are presented in the most effective and relevant manner for you and your device, including setting default options for you such as language and store location
- Conducting checks for fraud or other illegal activity
- Protecting our rights or property (or those of others)
- Fulfilling our legal and compliance-related obligations (such as if we receive a legitimate request from a law enforcement agency)
With whom do we share your personal information?
We do not sell personal information to third parties.
In order for us to provide our products and services to you, we share some of your personal information with trusted third-party service providers, with other members of the IKEA-brand corporate family, or with public authorities. For example:
- We use third party service providers to help with delivery, product assembly and installation, waste removal, processing payments, and other services. Your personal information may be stored and processed by our vendors and service providers in the Puerto Rico, or other locations where the service providers or IKEA have facilities.
- We may share your financial information including your credit, debit card or other payment information with third parties to ensure that your payment is safe and that your details are not being used fraudulently
- We may disclose your personal information to our insurers where we believe that it is required by law or contract
- We may share data with other members of the IKEA-brand corporate family to facilitate operations and business
- We may share or disclose your personal information with law enforcement agencies or public authorities in order to prevent or detect crime or fraudulent activities, as well as in order to fulfill any legal or regulatory obligations
- We may share your personal information to comply with court orders and to exercise and/or defend our legal rights
- We may share your personal information in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets
- We may use your personal information with your consent or as otherwise permitted or required by law
We also disclose non-private, deidentified, aggregate or otherwise non-personal information with third parties, including social media companies like Facebook and Twitter, and online advertising companies like Google, to deliver targeted advertising about other products and services for marketing purposes. You may opt-out of receiving marketing messages by using the opt-out mechanisms and links provided in each message.
How do we protect the privacy of children?
We does not knowingly collect or use any personal information from children younger than 13 on our websites. We do not knowingly allow children to order our products, communicate with us, or use any of our online services. If you are a parent and become aware that your child has provided us with information, please contact us using one of the methods specified below, and we will work with you to address this issue.
How may you indicate your privacy preferences?
You can set your preferences in your online profile in our websites.
If you no longer wish to receive our marketing materials, you can unsubscribe through your profile. You can also click the unsubscribe link in our marketing emails.
We want to ensure that all the information we have about our customers is correct and up to date. If you find that the personal information we have about you is inaccurate or needs updating (for instance, you may have changed your name or address) please update your profile.
If you have entered into a do-not call registry through any third-party, you must inform us as well in order to stop receiving marketing information from us.
How do we keep your information safe?
We take the security of your personal information very seriously. We have implemented various strategies, controls, policies, and measures to keep your information secure and keep these measures under close review. We use encryption techniques and other safeguards such as firewalls and password protection. This means that your information is protected and only accessible by personnel who need it to carry out their job responsibilities, or shared with third parties as described above. We implement physical controls in our buildings that restrict access to your personal information.
How long do we retain your information?
Links to Third-Party Websites and Additional Terms
Sarton Puerto Rico’s Privacy Contacts
Address: IKEA Bayamon, Santa Rosa Mall, Bayamon, 00956 PO Box 8738 Carolina, PR 00988-8738
Telephone: 787 750 4532